[saga-rg] SAGA thread model

Thilo Kielmann kielmann at cs.vu.nl
Mon Jul 17 00:02:55 CDT 2006

Giving it another thought, I think it isn't as bad as my last mail assumed
to be.

The difference is that SAGA tasks aren't threads. They are kind-of single
operations (e.g., a single file.read, but no sequence of multiple of such
operations). It is just that the obvious implementation in Java would be
using threads for everything asynchronous...

Still, if state sharing between multiple tasks (or between a task and
the main thread) is desired, we need to start out by defining data consistency
of all local and remote objects...

Thilo

--
Thilo Kielmann                                 http://www.cs.vu.nl/~kielmann/