[saga-rg] IRC

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Sun Jul 16 13:02:18 CDT 2006

Hi folx,

I am happy to announce that SAGA RG and SAGA CORE WG once
more are to serve as guinea pigs for the OGF IT gimmicks!

More precisely, you should be able to connect to the OGF IRC
server.  There is a channel #saga-rg always open, and its
contents is nicely logged, so that is a viable alternative
to email discussions, and also should enable us to create
meeting minutes etc. on the fly

For more info, have a peek at

  http://forge.ggf.org/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.ggf-info/wiki/GGFIRC

Please let me know if you have any trouble.

Cheers, Andre.

PS.: I tested access with gaim and xchat - that works
nicely.  One glitch: both clients are somewhat silent if
login fails.  The usual problem is that you did not use your
gridforge login...  I would be happy to learn about other
clients behaviour - good or bad.