[saga-rg] Directory.close()?

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Thu Feb 23 07:01:46 CST 2006

Hmm, good point.  I am not sure about that though.

We agreed on including close () to allow to close files
before destruction (originally we had close implicitely to
destruction, but that makes trouble in Java as it is
impossible to tell when the garbage collector is actually
going to destroy the object instance.

I guess the same holds for directories, although the issue
seems not that problematic there (no locks, no write
conflicts etc).

My 2cents,

  Andre.

Quoting [Graeme Pound] (Feb 23 2006):