[saga-rg] Clean Up after jobs - issue 61

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Tue Feb 21 11:41:47 CST 2006

Outside the SAGA use cases, we got feedback from some
medical people about the job API.  Open questions in the
discussion have been:

  - When are files created by a job cleaned up?
  - Can we call clean_up?
  - Can specify files to clean up, if default is to leave
    them be?

Their concern is mostly privacy: they want to ensure that no
data a job worked on are left behind.

Does anybody have insight into the semantics of the BES
clean-up stage, or of other job managers?  Do other people
also see the need for explicit clean-up?

If not (e.g. no answer in one week), I would leave that
issue for later consideration, as we get more specific use
cases in that respect.