[saga-rg] JobService.submitJob() query

Graeme Pound G.E.POUND at soton.ac.uk
Tue Feb 21 03:31:59 CST 2006

Andre,

I do not think that the attribute 'SAGA_HostList' of JobDefinition is
appropriate either. The description of 'SAGA_HostList' in the strawman
API reads:

        SAGA_HostList
         - A list of host names, or host group names, which can be
           considered by the resource manager as candidate hosts for
           the job. Whether or not the job actually ends up running
           on one of the hosts in the list, is solely at the
           discretion of the resource manager. Vector of strings.
           (JSDL, LSF)

This attribute should be used to pass information to the resource
manager, NOT to specify the resource manager. For example it maps to
the "CandidateHosts" element of a JSDL document.

The first argument of runJob() is the "host name or IP address of the
endpoint which will accept and run the job". This argument is not
defined for submitJob(), nor is it defined as an attribute of JobDefinition.

Graeme