[saga-rg] exceptions...

Graeme Pound G.E.POUND at soton.ac.uk
Mon Feb 20 06:06:00 CST 2006

Andre, Pascal,

>> So, I/we _think_ the agreement was to have only one simple
>> saga::exception class which gets thrown whenever something
>> happens which violates the semantic contract of a saga call.
>
> The different implementation can always sub-class them to provide better
> exception semantic. A single saga::exception class is more then enough.

This approach is fine. Within the Java I have been subclassing
exceptions with reference to the 'types' of exception described in the
details of the specification. Unfortunately this description is
incomplete at present.

It is important that the description of different types of exception
that may be thrown by each method is completed, and expanded where
appropriate.

Graeme