[saga-rg] Re: SAGA and Security

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Sun Feb 19 15:12:47 CST 2006

Hi Dane,

I hope you recovered from Athens :-)

How should we proceed on the SAGA security front?  Should we
try to thrwo some more use cases at you right now, or should
we first try to solve tghose which are on the table?

We had the chance to talk to some GFS folx in Athens before
we left - they encouraged us to go for ACLs for file
permissions.  Would you agree that ACLs are likely to be
_the_ way to go for file permissions?  Would that also be ok
for replica systems and information systems? (SAGA has a
notion of name_spaces, which are used for information
systems, logical files and physical files).

Cheers, Andre.

Quoting [Dane Skow] (Feb 14 2006):