[saga-rg] BOUNCE saga-rg at ggf.org: Admin request of type /^\s*help\s*$/i at line 8 (fwd)

Hartmut Kaiser hkaiser at cct.lsu.edu
Sat Feb 4 11:43:10 CST 2006

Andre Merzky wrote:

> we consider to forward a weekly digest of CVS change
> notifications to the mailing list, for several reasons:
>
>  - we are doing a bad job in keeping the list up to date
>    with the status of document work - the CVS logs might
>    help
>
>  - we hope to get people interested if they see there really
>    happens something... :-)
>
>  - it would motivate us to write better CVS log messages
>    (well, would motivate me at least, as I am the lazy one...)
>
> OTOH it means automated mails reach the list.
>
> Any opinions?
>
> Well, I am obviously for it :-)

Generally I like the idea to keep the list informed about changes in the
CVS. It keeps things rolling. But in my experience digested mailings never
get read :-P
OTOH sending all CVS commit messages as separate would spam the list more
than necessry...

The bottom line is, that I'm a bit undecided what's the best in this case.

Regards Hartmut