[saga-rg] SAGA conf call - Meeting Notes - Wednesday 30 August

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Wed Aug 30 09:49:32 CDT 2006

Meeting Notes:

  - Participants:
    - Hartmut Kaiser
    - Shantenu Jha
    - Thilo Kielmann
    - Andre Merzky

    - Pascal Kleijer had an exceptionally good excuse, as
      his daughter ripped off the sockets of his telephone
      cables :-P

Notes:
  - API spec:
    - slow feedback so far (two positive, but superficial
      statements)
    - some comments from Hartmut are in CVS, more are likely
      to be added as implementation progresses, but no
      bigger ones are anticipated
    - we moved the remaining issues into GridForge:
      http://forge.ggf.org/sf/tracker/do/listArtifacts/projects.saga-core-wg/tracker.spec_issues
      (people SHOULD get an GridForge login and join the
       SAGA-RG and SAGA-CORE-WG projects !)
    - most issues are assigned to people now, with a
      synchronization deadline of Wednesday next week
    - goal is still to submit the revised document to the
      ogf editor before GGF18.

  - GGF18:
    - participation is expected to be low (Thilo, Hartmut,
      Andre are missing)
    - we will reduce to two sessions:
      - session one (WG):
        - present SAGA API spec, general discussion
      - session two (RG):
        - discuss next document milestones
          - lang bindings
          - look&feel doc
          - message API
          - info API
          - CPR?
        - discuss implementations?
    - sessions will be managed by Shantenu mainly - if
      someone else could help to get things flying at GGF,
      it would be very much appreciated!
    - we'll try to get phone-in for these sessions

  - next call:
    - next wednesday, same time
    - agenda:
      - synchronice spec revision state