[saga-rg] requirements from the requirements document

Thilo Kielmann kielmann at cs.vu.nl
Thu Apr 27 11:50:32 CDT 2006

Hi group,

currently I am trying to distill a concise set of requirements from the
requirements doc (draft) into the introduction of the API spec...

What puzzles me is the terminology used in the requirements document.
(And here I am referring solely to the bullet points with actual requirements.)

We have 1 x "must be supported"
a lot of times "should be supported"
and "...messages on top of streaming... should be CONSIDERED..."
and many versions of saying that something should NOT be considered...

This all does not really match what the (strawman) API includes and excludes.
I am afraid we need to get the requirements doc straight first...

Do we need to refer to the (un)famous RFC that explains the meaning of "must"
and "should" etc. to make the requirements stricter???

I am pretty sure this is all just a 'presentation' issue, but currently
things are pretty fuzzy to me.

Any good suggestion?

Thilo
--