[saga-rg] ISSUE 30

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Thu Apr 20 11:36:38 CDT 2006

  30) ACLs!
      - Later, after we get input from the security area and GFS
      - we actually got that input for files/name spaces, so that
        should be done!
      - OPEN, URGENT, MAJOR

We have, up to now, no security for files and logical files
in the API.  Discussions at last GGF(s) showed that both
security area and other groups like GFS and PE are unsure
about the model to choose, but _all_ of them proposed to go
for ACLs until there is something better available.  So the
proposal is to do that.

  - Are there arguments against that?

  - Is someone willing to draft ACL for the API?

Dealine for this poll is in one week.  If nobody objects, we
will go for ACLs.  Not sure who will work on it though.

Cheers, Andre