[saga-rg] SAGA conference call

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Thu Apr 20 09:12:04 CDT 2006

An hi again,

below are the (short) meeting notes from todays call.  We
would like to have the next call in exctly one week and 30
minutes (i.e. next week, same day, 30 minutes later).

Cheers, Andre.

Meeting Notes
-------------

  SAGA RG/WG conference call
  April 20, 2006

  Participants:
    - Stephan Hirmer
    - Shantenu Jha
    - Thilo Kielmann
    - Andre Merzky

  Topics:
    - issue list
      - topics marked as URGENT should be resolved before
        GGF if possible, at GGF latest
      - TODO ANDRE: send separate emails for issues to list,
        with proposals for resolution, or wikth call for
        such proposal
      - issues still open next week get discussed at call

    - stramwan dosucment status
      - apart from the issues (above), the doc needs
        editing (consistency, layout, typosetc.  We split the doc
        in three parts:

        TODO Thilo:    intro, object, session, context, error, task
        TODO Andre:    monitoring, attribs, name space, files
        TODO Shantenu: logical files, jobs, streams

        More helpers would be VERY welcome (Tom? Hartmut? Pascal?
        Others?)
      - synchronization point: Thursday, April 27
        (potentiall call on Friday).

    - SAGA and GridCRP:
      - got no input from GridCPR
      - acute concern is potential conflict with SAGA
        monitoring model
      - approach: check CPR use cases for monitoring
        conflicts, but leave CPR semantic (== new calls) for
        later
      - TODO Shantenu: ping Tom, otherwise review CPR use
        cases
      - TODO ANDRE: add issue for that point

    - SAGA and GridRPC:
      - some progress on mailing list
      - two potential point of conflict with current GridRPC
        API
        - config file exposes implementation on API level
        - varargs are used, which we did not consider yet
          (SIDL?)
      - these issues should be addressed at GGF17
      - apart from that, a RPC package (outside strawman)
        should be feasable between GGF17 and GGF18
      - TODO ANDRE: create CVS dir, set up package and issue
        list
      - note: RPC sata handles not yet considered
      - note: relation to web services need clarification
        (there are SAGA use cases for that)

    - AOB:
      - TODO ANDRE: check how the GGF17 workshop agenda can
        be updated online
      - the 4th GGF session should dedicate some time to
        planning of tutorial and cookbook material

Comments/corrections welcome!

Quoting [Andre Merzky] (Apr 20 2006):