[saga-rg] SAGA conference call

Graeme Pound G.E.POUND at soton.ac.uk
Thu Apr 20 08:21:13 CDT 2006

Andre,

The client must be able to specify the resource manager to which jobs
are submitted, as a service URL or machine name. This should be a
argument for either the JobService constructor, or the
JobService.createJob() & JobService.runJob() methods.

I guess that conceptually I prefer specifying the resource manager
during the construction of the JobService object. However in an earlier
mail Chris Smith indicated that the 'host' argument of the runJob()
method was originally intended to indicate the machine upon which the
job should be run (mapping to an element of the SAGA_HostList
attribute). This is confusing and the 'host' argument should be removed,
or redefined to indicate the resource manager.

Graeme