[saga-rg] Fwd (mmm2a at virginia.edu): [byteio-wg] ByteIO/Basic Directory/BES Implementation

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Thu Nov 17 15:33:52 CST 2005

It is surprising that there is an implementation at all,
already: both BES and ByteIO seem to be still in flux.

Anyway, it should be simple to implement the SAGA API
againts those services, so it might be worth the exercise as
proof of concept... :-)

A.

Quoting [Thilo Kielmann] (Nov 17 2005):
> Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 18:18:22 +0100
> From: Thilo Kielmann <kielmann at cs.vu.nl>
> To: saga-rg at ggf.org
> Subject: Re: [saga-rg] Fwd (mmm2a at virginia.edu): [byteio-wg] ByteIO/Basic Directory/BES Implementation
>
> On Thu, Nov 17, 2005 at 08:53:51AM -0800, Andre Merzky wrote:
> > FYI,
> >
> >   Andre.
> >

> > ----- Forwarded message from Mark Morgan <mmm2a at virginia.edu> -----
> > >
> > > I have uploaded to both the BES and ByteIO gridforge sites a zip file
> > > containing a basic prototype implementation of both client and server sides
> > > of BES, ByteIO, and a basic directory protocol.  I spent the last week
> > > implementing the BES stuff and the ByteIO and basic directory stuff was
> > > written previously.  Seeing as how naming is so central to both ByteIO and
> > > BES, they have all been packaged together.  This package uses WSRF.NET to
> > > implement all of the web service stuff and overall is implemented in C#.
> > > Feel free to browse if you'd like.
>
> A Microsoft-only implementation is fairly useless to us...
>

> Thilo
| Andre Merzky                      | phon: +31 - 20 - 598 - 7759 |
| Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU) | fax : +31 - 20 - 598 - 7653 |
| Dept. of Computer Science         | mail: merzky at cs.vu.nl       |
| De Boelelaan 1083a                | www:  http://www.merzky.net |
| 1081 HV Amsterdam, Netherlands    |                             |