[saga-rg] SAGA use case document: comments needed! (this week)

John Shalf jshalf at lbl.gov
Wed Nov 2 12:40:58 CST 2005

On Nov 2, 2005, at 10:29 AM, Andrei Hutanu wrote:
> Hi all,
> Here is my feedback regarding the Viz-LSU use case. In some cases
> these requirements might be outside the scope of SAGA, I would like
> to know if that is the case though ..
>
> *Block-based data transmission is not covered by the current API

By "Block-based data transmission" to you mean a kind of "Reliable
Messages" API as opposed to the existing Stream API?

If so, would you want to support more complex semantics such as the
WS standard?
ftp://www6.software.ibm.com/software/developer/library/ws-
reliablemessaging200502.pdf

Or stick with simpler semantics like those offered by RUDP or RIPP?