[saga-rg] proposal for extended file IO

Andrei Hutanu ahutanu at cct.lsu.edu
Mon Jun 13 13:04:15 CDT 2005

This is an interesting discussion.
I don't oppose of specifying a mechanism
to support any high-level operations in SAGA .. but
isn't any mechanism you can agree on going to
be limited and limiting (Jon M. had a good example and
I can come up with a couple examples myself) and the preferred way of
doing this is going to be
to use complementary data selection mechanisms (perhaps grid services) +
SAGA binary pipes ?

Isn't data selection too application specific to be included in this?

Andrei

I am personally going to use different mechanisms