[saga-rg] Re: OGSA EMC BoF on Simple job submission

Tom Goodale goodale at cct.lsu.edu
Wed Feb 9 08:37:58 CST 2005

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005, Rajic, Hrabri wrote:

> Let me put my industry hat and clarify the last point.
> Even though Grid APIs are not the same as the MPI standard, just imagine
> having different MPI standards for physicists, biochemists, CS people,
> etc all approved by the same standards body.  I do not know if SAGA API
> could answer everyone's Grid API needs, but it is worth a try.

I agree entirely, and hope that the SAGA APIs will address the basic needs
of people from all these groups.  Our current strawman addresses the most
pressing needs from our current set of use cases, but if we receive more
use cases we may identify further operations which should be expressed by
the API.

Cheers,

Tom