[saga-rg] Minutes of conference call 14/12/05

Tom Goodale goodale at cct.lsu.edu
Wed Dec 14 08:40:32 CST 2005

Present:

Shantenu Jha and Tom Goodale

We didn't discuss much - I asked Shantenu why a messaging API had been
discussed when we already have a streaming API which looks very similar,
and he said that he thought that this was actually a discussion about an
API for optical light path stuff and not actually supposed to be a SAGA
API (in which case why was it discussed on this list ?).  I suggested that
it looked close enough to the SAGA streaming API that perhaps we could
fold differences in and have a streaming API which would work for the
optical light paths.

We decided that it is probably not possible to have another call before
Christmas, so the next call will be sometime in the first half of January.

I would again urge everyone who hasn't already done so (i.e. people other
than Shantenu, Pascal and myself) to send constraints out so we can come
up with a day and time for calls which are not too excrutiating.  We may
even need to rotate the time by eight hours each call so that only one
time-zone has a midnight meeting.

Please send your constraints to the mailing list.

Cheers,

Tom