[saga-rg] Java-Implementation

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Tue Aug 9 14:05:46 CDT 2005

Hi all,

the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam and Luisiana State
University are currently implementing the SAGA API in C++.

Java is the second language we want to approach, but we are
somewhat short of resources.  However, we do have the
Java-GAT where we can start from, which already has internal
parts available which we can reuse for SAGA.  Also, the
single Java GAT developer, Rob van Nieuwpoort at VU, will
start to work on SAGA, however, he won't be able to
implement that single handedly.

Is there anybody in the group who wants to join that Java
effort?

Thomasz & Gregor: I heard from both of you some interest in
a Java implementation before.  Have you some/any resources
to start with that in the next weeks?

Anybody else who would like to contribute?  Do you know of
people/groups not on this list who would like to contribute?

The implementation is supposed to be open source obviously
(GPL or BSD License).  We will probably use the same CVS
repository that we use for other SAGA work (use cases,
strawman and the C implementation), with anon read access.

Best regards,

  Andre.

| Andre Merzky                      | phon: +31 - 20 - 598 - 7759 |
| Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU) | fax : +31 - 20 - 598 - 7653 |
| Dept. of Computer Science         | mail: merzky at cs.vu.nl       |
| De Boelelaan 1083a                | www:  http://www.merzky.net |
| 1081 HV Amsterdam, Netherlands    |                             |