[saga-rg] Telecon reminder

Tom Goodale goodale at cct.lsu.edu
Tue Dec 7 23:32:07 CST 2004

Hi,

so for the late reminder, we are going to have a telecon to discuss the
design team meeting tomorrow (Wednesday 8th of Dec) at 8AM Pacific = 10AM
Central = 16:00 UTC = 17:00 central europe.

Numbers are

+1 303 248 9655

if you are outside the USA or

1 866 365 4406

if you are in the USA.  The access code is 5787877# as before.

Agenda:

0) Agenda bashing
1) Discussion of previous meeting (notes below)
2) Coordination of Postdam and CCT design tream fragments
3) Coordination of CCT and other USA design team participants
4) Finalise participants lists
4) Discuss focus areas
5) Preliminary discussion of security issues (if sufficient interest)

I had hoped to have notes from the last one out a few days after the last
one, and I must apologise for not being very effective at getting minutes
out at the moment.

Brief notes are:

participants:

Crag Lee and Tom Goodale, with Shantenu Jha joining in for the last part.

Design team meeting must

o identify and review existing APIS
    - what is the status of the API list document Andre merzky and Gabrielle
      Allen are working on ?

o identify where we can coordinate with these APIs

o identify where the existing APIs don't interact well with each other

o come up and work on an 'atomic core set' of APIs.

We need to document what we find out and make sure it is widely
disseminated.  In particular we should have a two page summary document
listing the use cases we looked at and the other APIs we reviewed.

There was worry about how to coordinate the two design teams.

I am working on getting notes from the face to face out as well, however a
lot of that discussion focussed on the use cases and focus areas, which I
have previously summarised in a mail, and then went into a discussion of
how to deal with security aspects of the API, for which we decided that we
should actively engage security experts to work with us.

I hope to be able to speak to many of you on the call tomorrow.

Cheers,

Tom