[RUS-WG] My departure

Josh Green j.green at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Fri Jul 3 09:54:15 CDT 2009

Hello all,

As my employment is ending with EPCC next week, I will be leaving the world of
usage accounting and so will not have the opportunity to continue working with
the RUS working group.  The Grid-SAFE project I have worked on currently
features an implementation of RUPI and I'm sure will continue to support it
for the foreseeable future.

As far as I am aware, the current version of the RUPI rendering document is
sufficient (once all the red text has been removed) for use as part of the
specification.  Hopefully, the IDL document can be written soon and the
specification can be sent to the editor.  I strongly recommend that this
happens soon.  If the specification does not get finished soon, I fear
developers of accounting systems will simply ignore the work done by RUS and
create their own bespoke systems.  It would a shame to waste all the effort
that has gone into the specification so far.

I hope my contributions have been helpful, and I wish you all well.

Best Regards

Josh

--
Joshua Green
EPCC Applications Developer

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.