[RUS-WG] RUPI - the state of play

Josh Green j.green at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Tue Apr 14 04:56:36 CDT 2009

Dear all,

The draft for the RUPI Rendering document has been up on Grid-forge for a
month an a half.  I have one or two minor corrections to make to it but
nothing major.  I would encourage anyone who wishes to comment on the document
to do so soon, as time is marching on and it would be good to wrap this
document up.  If you have a lot of comments to make, can you please indicate
that you will do so soon so that we know that there are opinions forthcoming
even if you haven't finished authoring them yet.

According to our original time line, the last call for comments on the IDL
spec and the rendering document was 6th April (8 days ago) and we should be
submitting to the editor on 20 April (6 days time).  I don't think we can
submit the rendering document without the IDL document.

Gilbert: how is the IDL document coming?  Do you think you could have a draft
on grid-forge by the end of the month (end of April)?  If so, I would suggest
a month for comment on that, and then submit to the editor (assuming there are
no major faults spotted that would take a long time to fix).  That means
submission to the editor on May 29th (last Friday of the month) after a month
of internal validation.  How does this sound to everyone?

I will start implementing RUPI for my project in the next week so if there are
any problems with the rendering document, please let me know soon.

Josh

--
Joshua Green
EPCC Applications Developer

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.