[RUS-WG] Discussion material

Jon MacLaren maclaren at cct.lsu.edu
Thu Dec 7 08:26:38 CST 2006

All,

The 2004 OGSI-based draft is very old indeed.

There was a WS-I Basic Profile based version, i.e. plain web
services, which made it into public comment.  See:

	http://www.ggf.org/Public_Comment_Docs/Documents/Oct-2005/draft-ggf-
wsi-rus-15.pdf

This was updated by Steven Newhouse, and draft 17 was sent around to
this list in the following message:

> From: "Steven Newhouse" <s.newhouse at omii.ac.uk>
> Date: August 29, 2006 5:49:44 AM CDT
> To: <rus-wg at gridforum.org>
> Subject: [rus-wg] Next Revsion
>
> All,
>
> The document revision you thought you would never see....
>
> Attached is a new revision taking into account the public comments
> from last year. The XML schemas still need to be updated and
> validated.
>
> Comments please...
>
> Steven
> --
> Dr Steven Newhouse   Mob:+44(0)7920489420  Tel:+44(0)23 80598789
> Director, Open Middleware Infrastructure Institute-UK (OMII-UK)
> c/o Suite 6005, Faraday Building (B21), Highfield Campus,
> University of Southampton, Highfield, Southampton, SO17 1BJ, UK

I hope that the work of the new RUS group will be moving on from this
latest draft.  It should be possible to push this version through the
OGF editor pipeline, after the XML schema work gets done.

Cheers,

Jon.