[rus-wg] draft-ggf-wsi-rus-10

Rosario Michael Piro piro at to.infn.it
Thu Jul 21 03:07:14 CDT 2005

Hi,

John Ainsworth wrote:
> Steven,
>
> I have attached a new version draft-ggf-wsi-rus-10. The changes I
> thought I had made in draft 8 to the .xsd and wsdl were not complete in
> the version 8 document.
> 1. I think the whole of Section 3 can be delete on the grounds that it
> is implementation specific. Security is in Section 6, so anything that
> needs to be kept from section 3 belongs there. I have dropped the
> RUS-Config.xsd schema from the appendix.
> 2. How about RUSRecordId?

I think RUSRecordId would be more appropriate (I immagine a RUSId as a
unique ID for the RUS server or something similar). RecordId is to close
to the UR RecordIdentity which might lead to confusion since they are
conceptually very different, so it is good to change the name.
Whether using RUSRecordId or RUDId, one single name should be used
throughout the document, for the element itself this is obvious, but I
suggest to also consider the names of related methods, such as
6.5.2RUS::extractRecordsRUSId (that already uses the name RUSId, if
using RUSRecordId this might be changed as well to
RUS::extractRecordsRUSRecordId).

Cheers,

Rosario.

--