[rus-wg] A RUS Implementation

Steven Newhouse sjn5 at doc.ic.ac.uk
Tue Jan 4 05:18:39 CST 2005

Hi John,

A belated followup to your email...

There seemed to be a lot of interest in the implementation at SC04 - its
good to see the discussions and work that went into the document being
of some use.

I know there is now interest in the UK of picking up on a WS-I based
version of the RUS and I would be very interested in seeing how we
(RUS-WG) could capture your experiences.

1. Are you (or possibly someone else from Manchester) able to go to
GGF13 to report on your experiences?

2. Would you be able to document the current WS-I interface (along the
lines of the current OGSI document - but obviously not OGSI or WS-RF)?

I'd be happy to request a session at GGF 13 to report on your
experiences and how they could be moved forward within GGF. Are there
people on the list going to GGF 13 that would be willing to partcipate
in such a session?

Regards,

Steven
Dr Steven Newhouse                        Tel:+44 (0)2380 598789
Deputy Director, Open Middleware Infrastructure Institute (OMII)
Suite 6005, Faraday Building (B21), Highfield Campus,
Southampton University, Highfield, Southampton, SO17 1BJ,  UK