[rm-wg] Interesting

Laurence Laurence.Field at cern.ch
Mon Oct 8 07:49:04 CDT 2007

I was just re-reading the Anatomy of the Grid paper and saw this
paragraph which relates quite well to our recent discussion.

"The following are examples of VOs: the application service providers,
storage service providers, cycle providers, and consultants engaged by a
car manufacturer to perform scenario evaluation during planning for a
new factory; members of an industrial consortium bidding on a new
aircraft; a crisis management team and the databases and simulation
systems that they use to plan a response to an emergency situation; and
members of a large, international, multiyear high energy physics
collaboration."

This statement suggests that in the original vision both producers and
consumers can be examples of VOs. Pauls view that our consuming VOs are
just another example of admin domains seems to fit in with the original
ideas! :)

Laurence