[rm-wg] a couple of short questions

Sergio Andreozzi sergio.andreozzi at cnaf.infn.it
Tue Jul 31 05:22:40 CDT 2007

Hi Paul et Al,

I'd like to have a proposal for GLUE and RM integration by the 6 August.
Here is a couple of questions to go towards this goal:

1. an AdminDomain can span many physicalLocation's

what about the resources being managed? Should they be related to their
physical location?

from the viewpoint of GLUE, so far we needed only one "main" physical
location for an adminDomain; we did not need to represent different
physical locations for the single resources part of the same
adminDomain, nor this is a valuable information for resource selection

since we want to keep glue enough simple to be usable, should be stick
on this view? what is the advantage of representing many physical
locations for a single admin domain (in terms of use cases to be satisfied)?

2. how to split the share

during last RM call, it was identified that the share contains two main
categories of attributes that fall into two different management aspects:

- policy: e.g. on resources (which exec environment are considered), on
jobs (MaxWallTime), users (who can access the share)
- metrics: e.g., RunJobs, Estimated Response Time

my proposal is to split the share into two parts:

SLA (Service Level Agreement) as composed of an instance of SLAPolicy
and an instance of SLAMetrics

what do you think?

Cheers, Sergio

--
Sergio Andreozzi
INFN-CNAF,                    Tel: +39 051 609 2860