[rm-wg] [glue-wg] Multi-institutional Infrastructures for e-Science

Timo Baur Timo.Baur at lrz-muenchen.de
Fri Jul 13 12:14:29 CDT 2007

Hi Laurence,

I really like this definitions. But just two small things:

at the university here, they define a service as a functionality, that
is provided
to a customer/user/consumer (in that case a virtual organisation) by
using resources.
It has a service access point, which is the interface.
So, I agree with your definitions, except that I believe that the
functionality is provided
by the service, not by the resource.  This could be important for the
paperwork, but
should not influence the relationships you outlined.

The other thing is, that I miss  a relationship between two or more
services.

just in case this could be useful,

Timo

Dipl.-Inf. Timo Baur                  Email: timo.baur at lrz-muenchen.de
Leibniz-Rechenzentrum         Kommunikationsnetze, Netzplanung, D-Grid