[rm-wg] Meeting Notes - RMWG Meeting, Fri 27th July, 2007

Strong, Paul pstrong at ebay.com
Thu Aug 2 01:00:56 CDT 2007

All,

Please find attached the meeting notes for the joint RM and GLUE Working
Groups meeting on Friday 27th July 2007.  If I mis-remembered please do
let me know.  I am on vacation and my memory is now hazy !o)

Attendees
Sergio Adreozzi
Laurence Field
Chris Kanterjiev
Steven Newhouse
Dave Snelling
Paul Strong

Agenda
Introductions
This week's meeting is joint meeting with the GLUE WG to discuss the
GLUE Schema document and how the RMWG can work together with the GLUE WG
to both refine the GLUE Schema, drive toward modeling it as an extension
of the Ref Model, and to use what we learn to improve the Ref Model.
Please review last week's minutes
<https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.rm-wg/wiki/HTM
L>  and the doc <http://forge.ogf.org/sf/go/doc14639?nav=1>  before the
meeting, plus the materials
<https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.rm-wg/wiki/27t
hJuly2007>  (email discussion and diagrams).

Notes
Various topics around GLUE the info model and the sequence diagrams (see
https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/sfmain/do/downloadAttachment/projects.rm-
wg/wiki/27thJuly2007?id=atch4476 and
https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/sfmain/do/downloadAttachment/projects.rm-
wg/wiki/27thJuly2007?id=atch4477) were discussed.  Overall the GLUE
members felt that the ongoing interaction with the RMWG was very useful.

Important notes were -

*	The sequence diagrams submitted by Laurence were reverse
engineered to show the current (anticipated?) functionality and thus
allowing reconciliation with other processes/sequences.
*	It was recommended that the GLUE group look at the EMS sequence
diagrams as these describe a similar, perhaps identical, process - see
http://www.ogf.org/documents/GFD.106.pdf.
*	We spent some time discussing Share and it was suggested that
the notion of share captures two things - the notion of some sort of
policy that defines the desired service level to be provided by the
service, and the notion of a service abstraction or similar, that allows
billing metrics and so forth to be appropriately.  PS suggested this was
an aggregated container, of all containers (eg Computing Elements) for
jobs from a given consumer organization, that allowed aggregated policy
(across all jobs from a given consumer organization) to be managed, and
billign information to be agggregated.  Whilst the word "Container" was
less than popular, it was perhaps agreed that a suitable Managed Grid
Component would be appropriate.

Actions
I am not sure that there were specific action beyond the GLUE group
incorporating the input received (as apporpriate) and continuing to work
closely with the reference model roup as they go forward.