[Risge-rg] Detailed schedule for our meeting during INGRID

Marcin Plociennik marcinp at man.poznan.pl
Sat Apr 5 03:00:38 CDT 2008

Dear All,

Please find attached final schedule for our session during INGRID:

Thursday, April 10, 2008

14:00-15:30 - Session 7 (Room A)

Invited Session: Remote Instrumentation Services in Grid Environment -
RISGE (part 1)

Organizer and Chair: Marcin Plóciennik, PSNC, Poland

The RISGE-RG explores issues related to the exploitation of Grid
technologies for conducting and monitoring measurement tasks and
experiments on complex remote scientific equipment. The main purpose of
this research group will be to bring together various existing
approaches in defining remote access interfaces to sophisticated
laboratory equipment, as well as to come up with use cases that can
dictate the requirements for integrating scientific instruments with the
Grid.

During this session the main goals of RISGE-RG will be presented, as
well as best practices.

RISGE-RG - Main Goals and Plans

Marcin Plóciennik, PSNC, Poland

Ocean Observatory Initiative and Grid Computing

Duane Edgington, MBARI, USA

15:30-16:00 - Coffee Break

16:00-17:30 - Parallel Session 8-B (Room B)

Invited Session: Remote Instrumentation Services in Grid Environment -
RISGE (part 2)

Organizer and Chair: Marcin Plóciennik, PSNC, Poland

This session is the continuation of the discussions and work started
during RISGE-RG group session at OGF21 in Seattle and OGF22 in
Cambridge. During this session the group will discuss the first
collected use cases.

best regards
marcin

--
              Marcin Plociennik
 Poznan Supercomputing and Networking Center

 61-704 Poznan, ul. Noskowskiego 10 POLAND
 phone (+48 61) 8582181
 e-mail: marcinp at man.poznan.pl