[Risge-rg] preliminary proposition of detailed roadmap for RISGE-RG

Marcin Plociennik marcinp at man.poznan.pl
Tue Nov 27 05:05:02 CST 2007

Dear All,
according to our plans we should define now detailed roadmap at least
for next year

I would like to propose a preliminary proposition and open discussion on
this subject.

Any comments are welcomed.

-----------------------

I) OGF22 (Feb) :
- template for involved projects "information page" ready
- "information page" templates filled out by involved projects
representatives
- template for defining the use cases ready
- start collecting the use cases from group participants and other
groups of interest
- invitation of next group/projects, identifying other group of interest

during the meeting:
best practices presentation (TBD)

preliminary discussion proposition:
- first use cases (if template is ok, if the information is enough)

II) INGRID (Apr) :
- collecting the use cases from group participants and other groups of
interest
- invitation of next group/projects, identifying other group of interest

during the meeting:
best practices presentation (max 2-3 presentation - TBD)

preliminary discussion proposition:
- further discussion/ presentation of collected use cases
- trying to find common denominator of all use cases, classification of
use cases

III) OGF23 (June) :
- collecting the use cases from group participants and other groups of
interest
- discussion about building one or more general use cases

during the meeting:
best practices presentation (only one presentation - TBD)

preliminary discussion proposition:
- discussion about building one or more general use cases
- discussion about common use cases document

IV) OGF24 (Sep) :

- writing document describing common use cases, identify requirements
and necessary capabilities

during the meeting:
- best practices presentation (max 1-2 presentation, TBD)
- final discussion about document describing common use cases on group
forum

V) 2009:

- finalise the document and push it to the OGF editor for the approval
process
- discussion about possibility of establishing WG to standardize the
relevant capabilities

best regards
marcin

--
              Marcin Plociennik
Poznan Supercomputing and Networking Center

61-704 Poznan, ul. Noskowskiego 10 POLAND
phone (+48 61) 8582181
e-mail: marcinp at man.poznan.pl