[pgs-rg] campus grids BOS suggestion

Judith Utley jputley at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 8 14:25:44 CST 2005

I am withdrawing my suggestion of a campus grid group broken up into 3
regions.
My thoughts were that this would allow those with limited travel options
more opportunities
by joining PGS when GGF met in their part of the globe, collaborating with
international campus grids via email, presentations posted on PGS, etc.
and meeting
one or two additional times in their 'region' at sites hosted by a
university or
around another well-attended conference with a focus on campus grids. I
saw this as a
way to include more  institutions, enhance PGS, yet focus on issues of
each regions. Having
been associated  with GGF since if was just GF since 6/1999), I have
seen many commonalities
among grids, but differences also. I don't know at this point if GGF
would approve of this format.
There is not enough interest to continue investigating this approach.

-- Judith

-- Judith

Judith Utley
jputley at mac.com