[pgm-rg] Fwd: Known Problems in Tools for Grid Programming GGF UPDT survey

Laura McGinnis lfm at psc.edu
Tue Mar 22 07:37:33 CST 2005

I'm forwarding this from the User Program Development Tools research group.
Please respond to their survey if you can. I'm sure they'll respond to ours
as needed when the time comes. :-)

thx
LM

>Subject: Known Problems in Tools for Grid Programming GGF UPDT survey
>Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 11:34:27 -0500
>From: "Balle, Susanne" <susanne.balle at hp.com>
>         <S.J.Cox at soton.ac.uk>, <naw at ast.cam.ac.uk>, <gannon at cs.indiana.edu>,
>         <jtowns at ncsa.uiuc.edu>, <aclark at ncsa.uiuc.edu>,
>         <dangulo at cs.depaul.edu>, <lfm at psc.edu>, <ian.bird at cern.ch>,
>         <moore at sdsc.edu>, <goodale at cct.lsu.edu>
>Cc: "Robert T. Hood" <rhood at nas.nasa.gov>,
>         "Balle, Susanne" <susanne.balle at hp.com>, <matsu at is.titech.ac.jp>,
>         <lee at aero.org>
>

>Dear group chairs,
>
>Please forward the following email to your respective groups.
>
>Thanks
>
>Bob and Susanne
>UPDT RG chairs
>GGF UPDT RG website:
>http://www.kvasar.com/GGF/GGF_UPDT.html

>The User Program Development Tools research group of GGF is conducting
>a survey to help the group focus its efforts in standards for
>grid-enabled programming tools.
>
>The goal of the survey is to compile a list of implementation issues
>that may be encountered by (1) grid programming tool/framework
>developers and (2) grid application developers.  Where standardization
>can help solve such a problem, the User Program Development Tools
>research group or its successors will try to orchestrate a
>community-based solution.
>
>If you have experience in grid-enabling an application or in building
>grid programming tools or frameworks, please take the short survey at:
>http://www.kvasar.com/GGF/problemForm.html
>
>The more responses we get the more complete the survey becomes.
>
>Thank you
>
>Regards
>
>Robert Hood and Susanne Balle
>UPDT RG chairs
>GGF UPDT RG
>http://www.kvasar.com/GGF/GGF_UPDT.html

Laura F. McGinnis
Project Coordinator: Data & Information Resource Services
Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center        4400 Fifth Avenue, #
409D       Pittsburgh, PA 15213
email: lfm at psc.edu                      voice:
412-268-5642             fax: 412-268-5832