[Pgi-wg] OGF OGSA-BES - Requirements for an improved Basic Execution Service

Etienne URBAH urbah at lal.in2p3.fr
Wed Sep 7 12:33:27 CDT 2011

Andrew, Steven and all OGSA-BES stakeholders,

At the OGSA-BES session at OGF32 in Salt Lake City on 17 July 2011, we
had agreed to propose for the beginning of September 2011 improvements
to the current specification of BES 1.0 described in GFD.108

But I am unable to define specifications before having a clear picture
of requirements.

Therefore, I have written down a document named 'Requirements for an
improved Basic Execution Service (BES)' and available at
http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc16306

This document is almost finished, with most chapters in a readable and
consistent state.
The only exception is the chapter about data management, which I hope to
write down very soon.

Thank you in advance for reading and criticizing this document.

Best regards.

Etienne URBAH         LAL, Univ Paris-Sud, IN2P3/CNRS
                       Bat 200   91898 ORSAY    France
Tel: +33 1 64 46 84 87      Skype: etienne.urbah
Mob: +33 6 22 30 53 27      mailto:urbah at lal.in2p3.fr