[Pgi-wg] [gin] Genesis II Security - Trust Anchor(s)

Oxana Smirnova oxana.smirnova at hep.lu.se
Wed Sep 22 05:37:37 CDT 2010

Hello Etienne,

I completely agree with the assessment that operational issues, such as IGTF trust anchor, are definitely out of scope for PGI, even though they might be in the GIN scope.

I would also like to point out that SPG policies have their root in WLCG requirements, as WLCG was the infrastructure that originally mandated the group. These policies are neither mandatory (i.e., they can be superseded by local site policies), nor are they immutable (i.e., they can change following new requirements).

In addition, SPG policies take great care of not requiring any specific technology. IGTF is the very rare exception, but even IGTF is not locked to a single technology per se, as nothing in the IGTF charter requires compliance to any specific implementation.

All in all, I believe this is a non-issue for PGI, and probably even for GIN.

Cheers,
Oxana