[Pgi-wg] Genesis II Security - Trust Anchor(s)

Bernd Schuller b.schuller at fz-juelich.de
Tue Sep 21 16:10:03 CDT 2010

hi Etienne, PGI,

is it an aim of PGI-WG to discuss operational policies such as which CAs
are trusted by which infrastructure? The group's "focus and scope" at
<http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/projects/pgi-wg> does not mention this.

Up to now, I assumed PGI is about defining and/or profiling
specifications for compute, data, etc, and *not* about operational
issues in specific existing or future infrastructures? Is this no longer
the case?

Thanks for any clarification on this question,
Bernd.

On Di, 2010-09-21 at 21:07 +0200, Etienne URBAH wrote:
> Duane and Andrew,
>
> I have carefully read the document 'Genesis-II Security Implementation'
> at http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc15435?nav=1
>
> Basic interoperation between different grid infrastructures require to
> establish mutual trust and common processes.
>
> Currently, Security Policies for EGI are proposed by EGI SPG 'Security
> Policy Group' at https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/SPG
> In particular, 'Approval of Certification Authorities' at
> https://documents.egi.eu/public/ShowDocument?docid=83 defines that the
> Trust Anchor is IGTF http://www.igtf.net/
>
> In order to permit basic interoperation between EGI and infrastructures
> using Genesis II, members of EGI SPG need to have precise information on
> Trust Anchor and Security Process used by grid infrastructures using
> Genesis II.
> [...]
> Etienne URBAH         LAL, Univ Paris-Sud, IN2P3/CNRS
>                        Bat 200   91898 ORSAY    France
> Tel: +33 1 64 46 84 87      Skype: etienne.urbah
> Mob: +33 6 22 30 53 27      mailto:urbah at lal.in2p3.fr

Dr. Bernd Schuller
Distributed Systems and Grid Computing
Juelich Supercomputing Centre, http://www.fz-juelich.de/jsc
Phone: +49 246161-8736 (fax -8556)
Personal blog: www.jroller.com/page/gridhaus

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: MinDirig Dr. Karl Eugen Huthmacher
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr.-Ing. Harald Bolt,
Prof. Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt