[Pgi-wg] OGF PGI - Chart of priorities for the detailed specification of PGI requirements

Oxana Smirnova oxana.smirnova at hep.lu.se
Sun Nov 14 18:15:22 CST 2010

Hi,

firstly, many thanks go to Etienne for the good work!

To Morris: the diagram by Etienne is very well readable and if it indeed reflects the sketch you made in Brussels (you're the one to judge, I'd say), then I'm happy :-)

I still can't grasp why we reduced security and data management to non-priority areas. For example, entire data-intensive processing use case becomes pretty much non-addressed without these two key areas, and I mentioned this already in Brussels, but was clearly outnumbered.

Specifically, there are plenty converters, gateways and adaptors for information, job description and execution services on the market. However, we still have no common security frameworks, nor do we have unified approach (not even an understanding) for data management services.

What would be the estimate of when these two areas can be brought back to the PGI scope?

Cheers,
Oxana