[Pgi-wg] Requirements spreadsheet and comment period

Oxana Smirnova oxana.smirnova at hep.lu.se
Thu Nov 11 18:25:26 CST 2010

Hi Morris, Johannes, all,

I cross-checked the PGI mailing list archive, and couldn't find an e-mail containing the call for comments on the requirements spreadsheet prepared in Brussels. The only indication can be found in the 3rd set of OGF session notes, which are very difficult, if at all possible, to interpret for a person who was not present at the meeting.

Specifically, Steven suggested to post the "spreadsheet with color code to list" and allow "7 days for objections to the list". This should be a "priority activity of working group" (all quotes are from minutes as is, only verbs are added).

Admittedly, it is difficult to understand from the notes whether it was a decision or just a proposal, but my recollection is that everybody agreed to follow this - at least nobody in the room objected.

I would thus kindly ask the group chair(s) to actually post the "spreadsheet with color code" to the list and thus launch the 7-days "objections" period, making this a "priority activity".

I hope everybody agrees that minutes with non-explicit links and ambiguous wording do not amount for a proper call for comments on a specific document. Those of us who were in Brussels can decode it (like Etienne did), but those who weren't can not.

Many thanks,
Oxana