[Pgi-wg] OGF - Useful Official and De facto Standards

Etienne URBAH urbah at lal.in2p3.fr
Tue Jun 8 12:39:07 CDT 2010

David and Andrew,

Concerning Useful Official and De facto Standards :

At the 6th e-Infrastructure Concertation Meeting in Lyon on 24 November
2008, David WALLOM performed a presentation entitled 'Standardisation:
Recent progress review and best-practices sharing: Middleware Track',
where slides 26, 27 and 28 showed relationships between OGF recommendations.

These slides permitted me to understand much better the work undertaken
at OGF, and I thank again David very much for them.

But since then, I have NOT seen that OGF has published any update of
these slides.

Therefore, I have used the open source ArgoUML tool to create a diagram
containing :

-  updated information about standards and OGF recommendations shown in
these slides,

-  relationships between official standards, de facto standards and OGF
recommendations about security (AUTHN and AUTHZ).

I have published :
-  This diagram   at http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc15990?nav=1
-  The source UML at http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc15977?nav=1

I would like that everyone verifies this diagram, in order to correct
error, add improvements, and finally permit official publication.  In
particular :

-  David, can you verify this diagram (in particular for recommendations
about Data and Job) ?

-  Andrew, can you verify this diagram (in particular for the SAML and
WS standards and recommendations about security) ?

Thank you in advance for your contribution.

Best regards.

Etienne URBAH         LAL, Univ Paris-Sud, IN2P3/CNRS
                       Bat 200   91898 ORSAY    France
Tel: +33 1 64 46 84 87      Skype: etienne.urbah
Mob: +33 6 22 30 53 27      mailto:urbah at lal.in2p3.fr