[Pgi-wg] Professional Software Engineering (was Gridiron, or standardization gone backwards)

Bernd Schuller b.schuller at fz-juelich.de
Wed Jul 21 01:50:00 CDT 2010

hi,

On Di, 2010-07-20 at 21:25 +0200, Oxana Smirnova wrote:

>[...]

> PGI wanted to produce BES, JSDL and GLUE2 _profiles_ common for gLite,
> UNICORE and ARC. *That* simple. This is why pre-PGI documents are short
> and simple.
>
> Well, some also wanted to do more dramatic changes to BES, but that was
> not likely to happen.
>
> So, before getting bogged down in state diagrams and port-types again,
> I'd like to know, what are we trying to achieve now, on a high level?

+1

Can the group please review and, if necessary, revise the goals stated
at <http://forge.ggf.org/sf/projects/pgi-wg>

To me as a PGI "lurker" (i.e. mostly passive observer) it seems that
within PGI different people are trying to achieve very different aims.

Best regards,
Bernd.

--
Dr. Bernd Schuller
Distributed Systems and Grid Computing

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: MinDirig Dr. Karl Eugen Huthmacher
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr.-Ing. Harald Bolt,
Prof. Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt