[Pgi-wg] PGI Telcon on Friday 2010-01-15; 4 pm CET

Morris Riedel m.riedel at fz-juelich.de
Thu Jan 14 07:10:49 CST 2010

Hi team,

  first of all: Happy new year and thanks for your contributions to the group in 2009.

As agreed in the last telcon we will have our first 2010 telcon tomorrow 2010-01-15 at 4 p.m (CET):

(1)
Numbers:

To join the PGI teleconference, please use this calling information:

via Skype call +9900827049931906 (free of charge), ordinary phone numbers
(local rates) with the 9931906 conference number:

Austria 0820 401 15470
Belgium 0703 57 134
France 0826 109 071
Germany +49 (0) 180 500 9527
Switzerland 0848 560 397

(2)
Screen-Sharing:

http://webconf.vc.dfn.de/ogf-pgi-wg/

No login is required. Just enter as 'guest' with your real world name.

(3)
Proposed agenda:

(i)
Debrief minutes of last PGI TelCon

(ii)
Debrief PGI actions

(iii)
Discuss regular change of telcon timeslot in 2010 instead of Friday afternoon

(iv)
Continue discussion animation ppt of PGI operation & state model
Focus: Waiting for a job-id until all validation steps have been performed is unrealistic from implementation view (e.g. 100 jobs in
submit array)

(v)
Debrief Steven Newhouse comments on the list (if time)

(vi)
Debrief Bernd Schuller comments on the list (if time)

(vii)
Interop demonstration Setups for OGF28

(viii)
Next meeting

(ix)
AOB

Please feel free to add other items on the agenda as you like.

A high participation from the PGI and GIN members would be appreciated.

Finally, I will upload the animation ppt and the last up to date document today.

Your co-chair,
Morris

Morris Riedel
Jülich Supercomputing Centre (JSC)
More: http://www.fz-juelich.de/jsc/JSCPeople/riedel

"We work to better ourselves, and the rest of humanity"

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Jülich
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats: MinDirig'in Bärbel Brumme-Bothe
Vorstand: Prof. Dr. Achim Bachem (Vorsitzender),
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender)