[Pgi-wg] PGI Execution Service : UML Sequence diagrams for the 2 Job Vector Submission Use Cases

Etienne URBAH urbah at lal.in2p3.fr
Tue Feb 16 13:31:08 CST 2010

Balazs, Morris, Luigi, Johannes and all,

Concerning the PGI Execution Service :

Using ArgoUML and the agents defined in the 'Draft Specification
Discussion Slides' of Morris, I have created 1 UML Sequence Diagram for
each Job Vector Submission Use Case :

-  Quick Submission :
    'PGI Job Vector Quick Submission Sequence Diagram (PNG)' at
http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc15879?nav=1

-  Submission With Full Validation :
    'PGI Job Vector Submission With Full Validation Sequence Diagram
(PNG)' at http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc15880?nav=1

Compared to the corresponding slide of Morris, my diagrams :
-  are created using UML, so they should be easily understandable by any
computer engineer.
-  are printable, and can be included in a printable document.

Therefore, I suggest to include my diagrams into the 'PGI Execution
Service Specification'.  So please take a look at them.

The source UML file is 'PGI Execution Service : UML file (ArgoUML)' at
http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc15878?nav=1

It contains :
-  The 'PGI Single Job State Model', with diagrams of various sizes,
-  A 'Collaboration Diagram', which shows the agents, but its graphical
rendering is not very pretty,
-  The 2 Sequence Diagrams mentioned above.

Besides, I have saved diagrams of the State Model with high resolution :
-  'Big diagram' at http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc15881?nav=1
-  'Big diagram with comments' at
http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc15882?nav=1

Let's talk at the telephone conference on Thursday 18 February 2010 at
15:30 CET.

Best regards.

Etienne URBAH         LAL, Univ Paris-Sud, IN2P3/CNRS
                       Bat 200   91898 ORSAY    France
Tel: +33 1 64 46 84 87      Skype: etienne.urbah
Mob: +33 6 22 30 53 27      mailto:urbah at lal.in2p3.fr