[Pgi-wg] PGI bylaws and work

Etienne URBAH urbah at lal.in2p3.fr
Wed Dec 8 13:31:19 CST 2010

Morris, Johannes and all,

The 'PGI decision-making guidelines (bylaw)' proposed by Oxana SMIRNOVA
could perhaps be useful, and I would accept them.

In fact, I am afraid that inside PGI, the main issue is not so much :

               Who is allowed to vote ?

but rather :  Who is willing to devote time to :

-  study and understand the issues ?

-  provide inputs, diagrams and proposals for Use cases, Issues,
Requirements, Specifications, Conformance tests, ... following the best
practices of software engineering ?

-  study, constructively criticize, and improve proposals, with good
traceability ?

-  write down documents presenting the collected (and hopefully agreed)
Use cases, Issues, Requirements, Specifications, Conformance tests, ... ?

Personally, I have tried to perform the above mentioned work :
-  Input text for Security :  http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc15584
-  State Diagram for Job management :
http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc15881
-  Diagram presenting Useful Official and De facto Standards :
http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc15990
-  Wiki permitting traceability for each requirement :
http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.pgi-wg/wiki/RequirementsTable
-  3 Sequence diagrams describing the relationship between Jobid
structure and Endpoint migration :
http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc16006
http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc16007
http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc16008
-  Glossary and Terms :  http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc16036
-  3 EDGI Use cases :  In particular
http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc16010
-  Chart + Explanations for the PGI priorities :
http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc16156
-  Precise proposal of specification for Publication of Endpoint
Security Setup using GLUE 2.0 :  http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc16157
-  Proposal of specification for the usage of GLUE 2.0 inside JSDL :
http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.pgi-wg/wiki/ReqJD3

Let us work with enthusiasm !

Best regards.

Etienne URBAH         LAL, Univ Paris-Sud, IN2P3/CNRS
                       Bat 200   91898 ORSAY    France
Tel: +33 1 64 46 84 87      Skype: etienne.urbah
Mob: +33 6 22 30 53 27      mailto:urbah at lal.in2p3.fr