[Pgi-wg] Meeting on 2009-10-02, 16:00 (CET) Notes

Johannes Watzl watzl at nm.ifi.lmu.de
Wed Oct 7 12:23:48 CDT 2009

Dear all,

the meeting notes of the last Meeting on Friday, 2 Oct are available on
GridForge.

Best,
Johannes

Meeting on 2009-10-02, 16:00 (CET) Notes

Participants:
Balazs, Morris, Luigi, Etienne, Steve, Johannes

Balazs:
Rendering cod posted toPGI list
several iterations
meeting in summer to refine the doc (UNICORE, gLite, ARC)
-> middle of summer updated doc

Since August more detailed discussions
new version from Etienne

version 0.35 is far from ready document
data model: no discussion has been taken place yet

Morris:
ask Etienne and Steve same time

general questions:
JSDL:
are we going to have a new version of JSDL or a new JSDL 2.0
JSDL: ordinary

data staging:
SRM: two different level protocol
SRB: try to nail down soon, next iteration
simple thing regards JSDL

change BES,JSDL a bit, PGI profile -> meet in the middle
one approach

Balazs:
sample XML file uploaded to input documents
port types
information port type
delegation prot type

separation of different port types

interoperation:
return element of GLUE 2
information prot type GLUE2
interoperation Glue 2
getactivity operation in information port type?

Morris:
activity info, just subset of GLUE2
Balazs:
query
Morris:
very simple way of getting info
Etienne:
not much experience using port types, does not see any problem

Morris:
fundamental:
agreed to come from two sides:
BES changes + PGI profile

Balazs:
BES2.0?

Morris:
will not go completely new way
if people will know another BES things would change and they won't got
the PGI direction

example:
people in industry are not interested how we do delegation
BES moves a bit and we move a bit.

PGI has to do a lot around data staging

Will BES2.0 a PGI result?
PGI group is better to come up with data staging & state model

Balazs:
PGI profile extends BES 2.0?

Morris:
JSDL execution service nailed down as PGI prfile
make a profile on a profile delegation port type

this group is part of the BES group.
-> half of the BES interface is the PGI interface

contribute in BES2.0
-> major contributors

Balazs, Morris:
Continue next week with creatactivity operation

topics for next Friday:
state model
create and change activity status

Morris:
no session at OGF27 but Interoperability day

Etienne:
rename doc to make it clearer

--
        _  _ _  _ _  _          Johannes Watzl
        |\/| |\ | |\/|          Institut für Informatik / Dept. of CS
        |  | | \| |  |          Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
     ======= TEAM =======       Oettingenstr. 67, 80538 Munich, Germany
                                Room D0.5, Phone +49-89-2180-9162
Munich Network Management Team  Email: watzl at nm.ifi.lmu.de
Münchner Netz-Management Team   http://www.nm.ifi.lmu.de/~watzl