[Pgi-wg] PGI Job State Model for discussions (UML: zargo + xmi + png)

Etienne URBAH urbah at lal.in2p3.fr
Wed May 27 15:38:27 CDT 2009

Hi Steven,

Concerning my OGF PGI Job State Model (based on Aleksandr's) :

The original data file is Version 1 (with comment 'ZARGO file created by
ArgoUML'), available at
http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/docman/do/downloadDocument/projects.pgi-wg/docman.root.input_documents.execution_service.state_model/doc15655/1

The ArgoUML tool is open source and available for Windows, Mac OS X and
Linux at http://argouml.tigris.org/

Best regards.

Etienne URBAH         LAL, Univ Paris-Sud, IN2P3/CNRS
                       Bat 200   91898 ORSAY    France
Tel: +33 1 64 46 84 87      Skype: etienne.urbah
Mob: +33 6 22 30 53 27      mailto:urbah at lal.in2p3.fr

On Wed, 27 May 2009, Steven Newhouse wrote:
> Hi Etienne,
>
> I would suggest you upload the original data file and provide a direct link to the UML tool so others can change the document and propose changes if required.
>
> Steven
>
> Dr Steven Newhouse
> EGEE Technical Director
> Contact Details: http://cern.ch/Steven.Newhouse
> EGEE09 Conference 21-25 September, Barcelona - http://egee09.eu-egee.org/
> Call for Sessions - http://indico.cern.ch/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=55893

    -  Pre-processing includes Automatic Stage-In.

    -  Delegated includes Running.

    -  Post-processing includes Automatic Stage-Out.

>> I suggest that :
>>
>> - Pending should be renamed as Submitted
>>
>> - Deep internal states do NOT need to be exposed, but states requiring
>> User action do.

    -  Pre-processing Hold includes Manual Stage-In.

    -  Post-processing Hold includes Manual Stage-Out.