[Pgi-wg] Promised document

Moreno Marzolla moreno.marzolla at pd.infn.it
Wed May 20 04:52:04 CDT 2009

Morris Riedel wrote:
> Hi team,
>
>> and had not seen any comment to Andrew’s document?
>
>> - I haven't seen any real comments to the GES rendering document either.
>
> Yeah that was my idea with the factsheet, which had the views of both
> documents merged - but this was ignored and now we have again our two
> fronts...

We will *always* have the two front, but I'll give my views later during
the teleconference.
Anyway I should point out that during the last call there was no time
left to discuss anything else, which in my opinion was fine anyway
because we had the opportunity to understand the "GES realization via
existing specification" document quite well.

By the way, I've not yet put formal minutes of the last meetings on the
wiki. From my recallings, here they are (please double check the list of
participants, I remember that there was at least another person from the
University of Virginia but I do not remember the name):

----------

Teleconference on 2009-05-13, 04:00 CET

Presents:

- Andrew Grimshaw
- Aleksandr Konstantinov
- Moreno Marzolla
- Morris Riedel
- Etienne Urbah
- David Wallom

Apologies:

- Johannes Watzl

- Andrew illustrated in detail the document "GES realization via
existing specifications" http://forge.ogf.org/sf/go/doc15630?nav=1
(version 1).

- The discussion pinpointed some requirements (from the "Execution
Service Strawman" document "http://forge.ogf.org/sf/go/doc15590?nav=1 )
which are not clear enough. In particular, the requirement of "support
for parallel jobs" should be clarified (e.g., state clearly what is
intended by "parallel job").

- David suggested to check the "JSDL parameter sweep extension" draft as
it could allow describing a set of arbitrarily different jobs (for the
requirement of bulk job submission to the execution service, which is a
feature currently not supported).

Moreno.

--
Moreno Marzolla
INFN Sezione di Padova,    via Marzolo 8,   35131 PADOVA,  Italy