[Pgi-wg] Promised document

Moreno Marzolla moreno.marzolla at pd.infn.it
Fri May 15 03:43:18 CDT 2009

Steven Newhouse wrote:
>> The document has been discussed during the call, and at the moment
>> there is no result yet.
>
> Why not? Ignoring (for now) how to implement the requirements was there
> agreement on the distillation of the requirements itself?

Yes, there mostly was agreement on the requirements as nobody complained
and the requirements document was discussed quite long before. There is
a clarification needed regarding what is meant by "support for parallel
jobs" in the requirements document, and furthermore it is still unclear
whether a generic "ChangeStatus" operation is needed, or just specific
operations such as "Suspend()", "Resume()" and so on suffice.

It should be observed that the last teleconference was EXPLICITLY
devoted to start discussion of the implementation details, and in my
previous mail I was saying that no progress has been made on deciding
the implementation details (as discussion on that just started).

Moreno.

--
Moreno Marzolla
INFN Sezione di Padova,    via Marzolo 8,   35131 PADOVA,  Italy