[Pgi-wg] Promised document

Moreno Marzolla moreno.marzolla at pd.infn.it
Fri May 15 02:43:45 CDT 2009

Steven Newhouse wrote:
> All,
>

> I've just had the chance to catch up with my email and had not seen any
> comment to Andrew's document? Was this discussed on the call this week?
> What was the result...

The document has been discussed during the call, and at the moment there
is no result yet. There are currently two positions within the PGI WG,
one arguing that the best way to address the requirements is to write a
new specification (taking the useful bits and pieces from
BES/JSDL/whatever), and the other arguing that everything can be
accomplished from existing specifications/profiles, plus additional
profiling.

No consensus has emerged so far on which is the direction to go.
Apparently it is possible to achieve the requirements with both
approaches, but this alone is not enough to suggest one of them over the
other.

As far as Andrew's document is concerned, I had a couple of comments but
before making them I am skimming through the specs and profiles
referenced therein so that I have a better understanding.

Moreno.

--
Moreno Marzolla
INFN Sezione di Padova,    via Marzolo 8,   35131 PADOVA,  Italy