[Pgi-wg] PGI Execution Service - Realization via existing specifications

Etienne URBAH urbah at lal.in2p3.fr
Wed May 13 05:33:57 CDT 2009

Andrew,

Concerning the PGI Execution Service :

Thank you very much for your precisions about issues of compatibility
and implementability, with interop examples.  I hope that they will
permit the chairs to take the best decisions.

Still :

-  For BES, official recommendation GDF.108 does NOT contain the
'Running:Stage-in' and 'Running:Stage-out' states.

    So we have to decide which basis we take for BES :

    - Either OFFICIAL recommendation GDF.108, which I suppose is the one
for which you mention existing implementations.
      Then we would have to modify / upgrade / improve / extend /
profile it, in order to introduce the new states.

    - Or a DRAFT already containing the necessary states (for example
v38, for which I have given a link), for which I am doubting there is
any existing implementation and interop test.
      Then we would have to begin by validating this DRAFT thoroughly.

    Can you give your position on this subject ?

-  I understand RNS as 'syntactic sugar' very useful for the end user,
but belonging to a high level (presentation) layer.
    Is RNS really required for implementing Execution Service inside
PGI, as belonging to a low level layer ?

-  I am NOT entirely sure that the links which I have given for the
'existing specifications and mechanisms' are accurate.  Can you check
them, and clearly validate them or correct them ?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Best regards.

Etienne URBAH         LAL, Univ Paris-Sud, IN2P3/CNRS
                       Bat 200   91898 ORSAY    France
Tel: +33 1 64 46 84 87      Skype: etienne.urbah
Mob: +33 6 22 30 53 27      mailto:urbah at lal.in2p3.fr