[Pgi-wg] Slides from MWSG Meeting Zurich

Jens Jensen j.jensen.ral at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 31 08:13:05 CDT 2009

Hi Morris. Quick comment on slides.

In SRM, delegation is only needed for srmCopy() (not to be confused
with "srmcp" which is the client tool).  No other SRM function needs
delegation; and no (production) tapestore I know of (currently)
requires delegation.

Moreover, 'httpg' is SOAP over HTTP over GSI sockets, 'https' is SOAP
over HTTP over SSL/TLS sockets.  I don't know any way to distinguish
HTTPS with 3820 proxies from HTTPS with normal X.509 certs.

Also in switching to 'https', it is worth remembering that gLite has a
delegation API.  This can be used by the server to get a RFC3820 proxy
from the client.

BTW on p21 you probably want "plumings" -> "plumbings"

Regards
--jens

2009/3/31  <m.riedel at fz-juelich.de>:
> Hi PGI team,
>
>  just4info: the slides we agreed upon/discussed are online at:
>
> http://indico.cern.ch/getFile.py/access?contribId=9&sessionId=3&resId=0&materialId=slides&confId=52862
>
> I'm gonna present them and ask for comments in a few minutes...
>

> Take care,
> Morris

> Morris Riedel
> SW - Engineer
> Distributed Systems and Grid Computing Division
> Central Institute of Applied Mathematics
> Research Centre Juelich
> Wilhelm-Johnen-Str. 1
> D - 52425 Juelich
> Germany
>
> Email:  m.riedel at fz-juelich.de
> Info: http://www.fz-juelich.de/zam/ZAMPeople/riedel
>
> Phone: +49 2461 61 - 3651
> Fax: +49 2461 61 - 6656
>
> Skype: MorrisRiedel
>
> 'We work to improve ourselves and the rest of mankind.'

> Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
> 52425 Juelich
>
> Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
> Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats: MinDir'in Baerbel Brumme-Bothe
> Geschaeftsfuehrung: Prof. Dr. Achim Bachem (Vorsitzender),
> Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr. Harald Bolt,
> Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt

Dr Jens Jensen (0x9210 F006)
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory
T/F +44 1235 44 6104/6626